Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Serving God In Your Own Generation


Winners’ Chapel International - Nyeri

Communion Service - Wednesday – 15th February 2012
Prophetic Focus:  I Shall See The Glory Of God” John 11:40.

TOPIC – Serving God In Your Own Generation.
David Served His Own Generation:
Acts 13:36 -
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep: (BBE Translation - Now David, having done God's work for his generation, went to sleep,)

We Are All Called To Serve God.
  1. In our own generation and
  2. By the will (Purpose) of God
What are you doing for God in this your generation?

Jesus our master said His meat (Food) is doing the will of God.
John 4:34 -
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work

The Search For More Servants Of God Is Still On:


  1.  God Is Looking For A Man To Serve His / Her Generation.
    Ezekiel 22:30 - And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

    2Chronicles 16:9 - For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
    Jeremiah 5:1 - Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

  2. Jesus Says Labourers Are Few:
    Matthew 9:37 - Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
What Kind Of Man God Is Looking For?
Acts 13:22 …..I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.

2Chronicles 16:9 - For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
Benefits Of Serving God
  1. Blessings
    Exodus 23:25 - And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.


  2. Honour
    John 12:26 -
    26
    If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. (KJV)
    ANOTHER TRANSLATION SAYS:
    26 If any man is my servant, let him come after me; and where I am, there will my servant be. If any man becomes my servant, my Father will give him honour. (BBE)
Conclusion:
Serving God Is A Personal Commitment; It Is Not A Communal Decision.

Joshua 24:15 -
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;  ……but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment