Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Praying For Revival


We need to pray for revival in our assemblies as well as for us as individuals.
Psalms 85:6 – 7
6 Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
7 Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation.


Revival occurs when:
1.       When men and women start panting for God and for righteousness
Psalms 42:1 – 2
1-As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2 - My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

2.      When the word of God is written in the hearts of Men
Jeremiah 31:33 - But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

3.      When God is pouring His Spirit and His blessings upon His People
Isaiah 44:3 - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Joel 2:28
- And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

4.     When the Lord begins to add to the Church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46 – 47
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.


5.     When signs and wonders continue to multiply among the people.
Acts 5:12 -  And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people

6.     When the word of God increases in revelation and depth in the church.
Acts 6:7 - And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

7.     When fellowship becomes a delight (Enjoyable) among the saints.
Acts 2:46 - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

8.      When every home is becoming a ‘Church’ .i.e House fellowship Centre
Acts 5:42 - And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment